|Virginia Phase 1 Reopening of Businesses and Public Spaces
Effective May 15
In Phase One:
- Nonessential retail businesses can open, but they will be limited to 50% capacity.
- Restaurants and bars that already had existing outdoor seating areas will be allowed to open those spaces up to 50% capacity.
- Entertainment and amusement venues will remain closed.
- Gyms with outdoor spaces can open those areas up to 50% capacity.
- Beaches are still limited to fishing and exercise use only.
- Places of worship can operate drive-in services or allow congregations up to 50% of building capacity.
- Salons, barbershops, etc. can operate by appointment only. Strict
social distancing measures will be in place, and all clients and
employees must wear masks.
- Overnight stays in state parks will reopen in phases.
- Private campgrounds can reopen.
- Overnight summer camps remain closed.