C. Bascom Slemp Federal Building
The building was named for C. Bascom Slemp, former ninth district Congressman for the area. It was completed on December 12, 1912 and was used as a post office and federal courthouse. Around 1950, the federal court was moved but the post office remained. In 1978, the federal courthouse was reopened and today still serves as the post office and federal courthouse. In 1975, the building was designated as a Virginia Historic Landmark and placed on the National Register of Historic Places.